Defensive industry with potential for long-term growth
- Operating in a strongly defensive sector with demand relatively unaffected by economic cycles.
- Continued growth expected in demand for healthcare due to population growth, ageing population, consumerism, technological advancement, the burden of disease and government funding limitations.
Strong track record
- Led by an experienced and proven Board and Management team with an average corporate level tenure of 20 years.
- Delivered stable and strong operational growth for almost three decades.
- Strong track record in selecting earnings-enhancing capital projects and ability to integrate and extract value from acquisitions.
- Long-term commitment since inception from Remgro, Mediclinic’s largest shareholder.
- Well positioned as a trusted provider of hospital services in developing and developed markets: Southern Africa, Europe and Middle East.
- Significantly expanded presence in UAE through the Combination with Al Noor, providing leading operations in both Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
- Leading position in all the markets in which it operates (which excludes the UK).
- Geographic diversification mitigates country-specific risk.
Pure services player
- Long-term investor and manager of mostly acute care, specialist-orientated, multi-disciplinary hospitals and related outpatient facilities.
- Extensive property portfolio in prime real estate provides valuable operational flexibility and strong assets to underpin the business.
Further growth opportunities
- Significant experience in integrating and growing acquired assets.
- Committed to establishing centres of excellence and co-ordinated care initiatives, and expanding capacity via identified Greenfield projects.
Commitment to quality care
- Sustainable, competitive advantage underpinned by continuous focus on patient safety, excellence in clinical performance and delivery of measurable, cost-effective care.
- Commitment to manage business in a sustainable way, upholding the highest standards of ethics and corporate governance practices; value and respect of employees, communities and the environment.
- Focus on integrity to maintain and improve confidence, trust and respect of all stakeholders.